Track & Field

SU sets personal records at Terrier Classic, 7 wins at Kane Invitational

Courtesy of Syracuse Athletics

Annie Boos and Ellie Lawler set personal records in the women’s mile and the 5k, respectively.

This weekend Syracuse had two separate meets with the John Thomas Terrier Classic as well as the Kane Invitational. The Orange set plenty of personal records set at the Terrier Invitational while racking up seven wins at the Kane Invitational.

On Friday night in Boston, Annie Boos placed 13th in the women’s mile with a time of 4:45.34, a new personal record for her. Abigail Spiers finished just behind her with a time of 4:52.09 and placed 19th. Emma Eastman and Justus Holden-Betts also competed and each set new personal records with 4:55.06 and 4:59.95, respectively. Syracuse runners Shona McCullough and Olivia Joly finished just behind with times of 5:10.97 and 5:13.09.

In the women’s 5k, Ellie Lawler finished first among Syracuse runners with a time of 17:05.14, a new personal record, and placed 14th overall. Rounding out the race for the Orange was Reilly Zink, Sophia Jacobs-Townsley and Emily Nugent with times of 17:17.83, 17:39.60 and 17:48.25, respectively.

In the final action on Friday night Sage Brooks and Bethany Steiner, both freshman, ran in the women’s 1000m. The duo finished in the top 20 with Brooks coming in 15th, finishing with a time of 2:56.03 and Steiner came in 20th at 3:00.17.

On Saturday, Syracuse started off dominant, winning the men’s 60m hurdles with all five Syracuse runners place inside the top 10. Jaheem Hayles took the top spot at 7.87 seconds, followed by Naseem Smith who finished 0.13 seconds behind at 8.00 flat. In fourth and fifth, David Peters and Isaiah Lewis who also finished 0.13 seconds apart at 8.22 and 8.35, respectively. The final runner for Syracuse was Xayvion Perkins who came in 7th at 8.49.

On the women’s side, Syracuse took four of the top five spots. Shaleah Colaire ran away with the race at 8.58, following her in third was CJ Fox (9.18) and Kirstyn Schecter (9.49) in fourth. And finally, Sheridan McGadden came in fifth at 9.77.

Syracuse continued its winning in the 60m on both the men’s and the women’s side. Trei Thorogood came in first at 6.82, with running back Sean Tucker right behind him at 6.92. In the women’s event, Kahniya James finished first by over a tenth of a second, at 7.62, and Colaire came in fourth at 7.81.

Jana Riley placed first in the women’s 400m with a final time of 1:00.12. Also in the women’s 400m was Mariana McManus who placed in eighth at 1:07.14. On the men’s side Perkins also ran in this race and placed 9th (53.34).

In the mile, Kevin Robertson took first for Syracuse on the men’s side with a final time of 4:10.15. On the women’s side, Syracuse runners took three of the top ten places; first for SU was Caroline Kirby, who placed fourth (5:17.19), followed by Bearett Tarris (5:26.02) and Maddie Heintz (5:27.56).

In the high jump, Olivia Etienvre took sixth, making it over the 1.55 meter mark.

Finally, in the women’s 4×400, Syracuse took first once again, beating the second place Binghamton by almost 15 seconds. Kennedy Tarley, Eunice Boateng, Riley, and Colaire made up the relay team.